Job Posting - Accounting and Logistics Clerk
Accounting and Logistics Clerk
Innovative indoor agriculture company in Rocky View County (east) looking for an accounting and logistics clerk. Ideally suited for someone who loves animals, reptiles in particular!
Critters and Crawlers is a new insect rearing farm that raises live crickets, mealworms and superworms for pet food. Our customers include zoos, conservation centres, pet stores, breeders and individual pet owners. We are growing fast as the only farmers of quality live insects in Alberta.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Services, this new role will be responsible for the following:
- Payroll entry and processing (5-10 employees)
- Bookkeeping - expense entry, accounts payable and receivable
- Order fulfillment - receiving orders from web and wholesale customers, creating packing slips, ensuring production team packs orders, and shipping of orders at Canada Post/Purolator/FedEx
- Pickup shipments of specialty insects at Calgary airport cargo facilities and customs clearing processes
- Customer service - communicating with customers on order status and questions – you will take ownership of the satisfaction of all our customers
- Ordering of shop supplies and packaging materials
- Office administration as required
- Friendly, personable and professional demeanour and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years payroll and accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks is essential – others need not apply
- Microsoft Office skills and experience is preferred
- Must have own vehicle as there is no transit to the farm and needed for mailing and picking up orders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
This is a part time position to start, 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Some weekend work may be required.
Please note that interviews and job training will be on weekends - no exceptions.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org