Job Posting - Logistics Manager
Innovative indoor agriculture company in Rocky View County (east)! Ideally suited for someone who loves animals, reptiles and insects in particular! You will handle live insects - but don't worry, they don't bite! Critters and Crawlers is an insect rearing farm that raises live crickets and supplies other specialty insects for pet food. Our customers include zoos, conservation centres, pet stores, breeders and individual pet owners. We are growing fast as farmers of quality live insects feeders in Alberta.
We are hiring for a professional LOGISTICS MANAGER to coordinate and oversee our order fulfilment and customer relations. Duties as Logistics Manager include executing and improving performance for packing and shipping operations including, but not limited to the following:
- Consolidate weekly customer sales orders and coordinate packing and shipping per required timelines. Communicate with accounting to coordinate order fulfillments. Communicate with customers for any order irregularities.
- Address all customers’ service requirements relating to production and shipping issues.
- Manage, hire, train, and terminate all packing and operations staff in cooperation with senior management. Coordinate scheduling and fill in for packing team as needed.
- Manage all inventory requirements including packaging materials, insect food, and any other consumables and suppliers as required. Negotiate with suppliers for preferred pricing when available. Manage and verify contents of all orders received of supplies.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s with respect to packing and shipping.
- Ensure all aspects of safety and environmental regulations are adhered to by the packing department and their employees, and assist in providing all reporting as required.
- Proven work experience as Logistics Manager, Shipper/Receiver, or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience with processing order for shippers/couriers/freight
- Excellent communication, computer and customer service skills
- Proven effective leadership ability
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail is a MUST
The environment: We are located just outside the city limits in Rocky View County (east) out Glenmore Trail. Our shop is kept very warm and humid for successful insect rearing (over 30 degrees Celsius). The right person for this role can physically handle this heat.
While our insects are grown in containers, there are strays throughout the facility, so this person must not be squeamish with insects
**Must have own vehicle or transportation to the farm as there is no transit to the location**
This position is 40 hours a week, Monday to Fridays. Wage is $20/hour to start plus health benefits.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com