Job Posting - Packing and Growing Assistant
Packing and Growing Assistant
Innovative indoor agriculture company in Rocky View County (east) looking for a Packing Assistant to start ASAP. Ideally suited for someone who loves animals, reptiles and insects in particular! You will handle live insects - but don't worry, they don't bite!
Critters and Crawlers is an insect rearing farm that raises live crickets and supplies other specialty insects for pet food. Our customers include zoos, conservation centres, pet stores, breeders and individual pet owners. We are growing fast as farmers of quality live insects feeders in Alberta.
- Packaging insects for shipment and delivery
- Ensuring orders are packed accurately and with quality insects
- Distribution in-shop for large volume store orders
- Diligently assisting with growing and maintenance of our large cricket colony, and caring for inventory of specialty insects
- Ensuring all areas of the shop and office are cleaned and tidied at end of shift
- We are located just outside the city limits in Rocky View County (east) out Glenmore Trail.
- Our shop is kept very warm and humid for successful insect rearing (over 30 degrees Celsius). The right person for this role can physically handle this heat.
- While our insects are grown in containers, there are strays throughout the facility, so this person must not be squeamish with insects
- Friendly, personable and professional demeanour and communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented is a must!
- Basic computer skills
- Must have own vehicle or transportation as there is no transit to the farm
This position is 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Wage is $17/hour to start.
To apply, please email your resume and interest to email@example.com